Tuesday, January 17, 2017

January Update

WOW - time flies.

It's been a long time since my last update.  I promise to do better!!

Can I just say that I love RT!  Dodger and I are both thriving under her instruction.

Dodger is finally starting to relax (woohoo) and actually use his back!  Some of the things that have helped with this:

- a new training program that incorporates long lining, cavaletti and cross rails
- a new properly fitted saddle that encourages a better position for me
- a new equine chiropractor

Yes, it takes a village!

RT also has a whole different training philosophy - one that suits us better as a whole.   One that emphasizes relaxation and a lack of tension (especially on MY part).

As a result, I have a horse that is gradually getting softer and more willing.
We are making slow, but steady progress and this spring we actually had dapples!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment